SFC Update

2013-14 SFC Members who would like to access the SFC section for translations,
Please send a message to >>Admin<<
(Include : Full Name, SFC ID, SFC Username, Email)
Thank you!

2012-13 SFC Members
The DVD and Story Book translations are available on request, please contact Stina for info. Thanks!

------------------------------

1st Japanese Album
The SHOW

-------------------------------

[2011/06/12 HK Apple Daily] Stephen Chow films Journey to the West, asks Xiao Zhu to act

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[2011/06/12 HK Apple Daily] Stephen Chow films Journey to the West, asks Xiao Zhu to act

Post by lollipopbbt<3show on Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:55 am

Stephen Chow and Derek Kwok joined together to direct the film "Xi You Ji Zhi San Cang Fu Mo" but the casting has not been decided, at first it was said they asked Ethan Ruan and Li Zhi Ting and another time it was said they asked someone new, in the end it is said it is Taiwanese Singer Show Luo (Xiao Zhu) to act the character Dang San Cang, the female lead will be a new talent from Mainland.

Originally Stephen Chow was only the executive producer of the movie, after the script came out, because he was very satisfied with the script, he changed his mind and decided that in addition to producer, he will direct the movie with Derek Kwok, the movie is expected to shoot early next month in Mainland. Due to the movie going a more youthful line, so there was the challenge of having all the characters being young idols, at first Ethan Ruan was considered to act as the Monkey King and Li Zhi Ring as Dang San Cang, then for various reasons, they both missed the chance to work with Chow.

Karen Mok as Guest

To find the right young idol for the character was not an easy task, Stephen Chow was supposedly only to use new talents but after a few months recruiting in cities in Mainland, Stephen Chow had been very demanding about the candidates with film companies proposing well known actors and actresses. After thinking, Chow decided to look for Taiwanese singer Show Luo to audition, in the end, it was finalized that Xiao Zhu will act the character of Dang San Cang.

It is reported that Xiao Zhu and Xing Hui had signed a confidentiality agreement, cannot release about taking this role in the movie because Chow will hold a press conference and release all the details only then.

Spoiler:
sorry i took off the bottom part cuz Show isn't mentioned

source: HK Apple Daily
translated by: lollipopbbt<3show@ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lollipopbbt<3show
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 1722

Back to top Go down

Re: [2011/06/12 HK Apple Daily] Stephen Chow films Journey to the West, asks Xiao Zhu to act

Post by angelinechan on Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:59 am

Hope xz dream comes true playing with his idol, stephen chow. And also it will be thw first movie for xz! Hmmmm will worth wait.. 祥祥加油!
angelinechan
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 517

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1834794308

Back to top Go down

Re: [2011/06/12 HK Apple Daily] Stephen Chow films Journey to the West, asks Xiao Zhu to act

Post by xiaozhu_woaini07 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:24 am

OMG OMG. YAY! Very Happy Go Xiao Zhu!! cheers I really hope he plays the role and it will be the first movie for Show!!!! He must be really excited because he gets to work with his idol. :3
xiaozhu_woaini07
Staff Security
Staff Security

Number of posts : 785

http://www.youtube.com/user/xiaozhu0789

Back to top Go down

Post by Krishalove on Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:13 am

OMGOSH ! this is so cool ! im so happy for him! I guess he found a film with a script that he truly believes in ! Plus he gets to work with his Idol ! <3 <3 <3
Krishalove
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 92

http://www.facebook.com/Krisha.M.Ramos

Back to top Go down

Post by claudz4lyf on Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:31 am

Woah! OMG! Show's first collaborated movie w/ Stephen Chow.. My dad's favorite Chinese Actor (almost!).. I wish that he can try some action scenes in just a little..
claudz4lyf
Staff Member
Staff Member

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf on Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:27 am

Awesome news! He needs to do more movies! Smile

Wolf
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 229

Back to top Go down

Post by ailin_stef on Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:55 pm

If this report is true, it's a great news for him and for us too !
It's his dream to work with Stephen Chow !
But is this the serie/movie he talked about ? I read somewhere that there will be a press conference in august...
I expected Show to act in a modern serie/movie but nevermind, I'll still support his work !
ailin_stef
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 116

Back to top Go down

Post by lzxslxz123 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:21 pm

OMG OMG! Finally :DD i get to see XZ act in a movie Very Happy
i'm very happy for him Smile)
lzxslxz123
Staff Superior
Staff Superior

Number of posts : 1365

Back to top Go down

Post by yu_chun_shan on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:24 pm

he's finally having a movie! and it's with his idol stephen chow! Very Happy
can't wait for it... jia you xiao zhu! Very Happy
yu_chun_shan
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 808

Back to top Go down

Post by kimmortal on Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:52 am

If this is true...

What character is he rumored to be playing? I don't recognize the character names, other than Monkey King. Who's this Dang San Cang?

I hope Show gets action scenes. I would love to see him jump around, throwing punches, and doing flying kicks. That would be so awesome! He'd be the most good-looking guy on set. hehe
kimmortal
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 308

http://t.sina.com.cn/kimhanh

Back to top Go down

Post by Rita8D on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:54 am

lol he must really be happy^^!! XD!! i cant wait to see it..I love Stephen Chow's movies and watched 2 versions of Journey to the west... Razz
Rita8D
Staff Superior
Staff Superior

Number of posts : 1174

Back to top Go down

Post by sze92 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:00 am

Haha. Tan Shan zhang is the monk. Probably no action moves. Well I thought he will be the monkey god but oh well. I'll watch it if show is in it.

sze92
Staff Member
Staff Member

Number of posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post by lollipopbbt<3show on Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:19 am

i dont know why but i am a bit worried of him playing a character in stephen chow's movie but probably because the monk is bald and show loves his hair. and his first main-ish role in a movie Smile i hope it'll be a blockbuster hit!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lollipopbbt<3show
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 1722

Back to top Go down

Post by hershei01 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:20 am

yeeeee... happy for Show.. this is a dream come true for him ryt? o_O
just dont make much difference in his hair though. cause i love it. haha.
hershei01
Fan Club Officer
Fan Club Officer

Number of posts : 607

http://forevershowluo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kimmortal on Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:37 pm

Oh geez. Now I recognize the name. It's the Monkey King's sifu isn't it?

I can't imagine Show playing a monk. But I guess playing the master Monk is alright since that character is supposed to be extremely handsome in an almost elegant way. But no fighting? Ugh... His character just gets to recite stuff and be protected. Boring.
kimmortal
Super Fan
Super Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by catcat on Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:49 pm

great..dream come true for you my prince..oh my..congratulations..i know ur very excited to do your role..chia yo..aja aja...we believe in your ability and talents..go go go
catcat
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by a_rita on Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:43 pm

is this really true?
will he really be part of THIS movie?
is the movie good?
to be true, the movies i saw in potuguese tv from stephen chow... they're not that good... as i grew up i start to think that they're too exaggerated and not that funny... well was the impression I got from his movies.... ok is true that i just saw 2 of them (comedies)... i think...
still... i hope he enjoys it and do more movies because he's a great actor... and wow his "first" movie is produced by stephen chow! it will be great for his carrier too...

a_rita
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 291

Back to top Go down

Post by kimmortal on Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:57 pm

Stephen Chow movies are the exaggerated-comedy types. I actually wish Show could be in a better movie but, hey, Stephen Chow is Show's idol. It's not confirmed yet, but if he wants to be in it, I will support him. Unless the movie sucks... then I will need to be really drunk before I can watch it. Razz
kimmortal
Super Fan
Super Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by a_rita on Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:05 pm

really? i really don't like exaggerated/silly comedies...
oh i wished he could do a serious character this time... all his characters, lately are a bit exaggerated/silly, like in hot shot and hi my sweetheart, i have to admit that sometimes i think some scenes are a bit embarrassing to watch (am i the only one who think this way?)... he should do more mature characters...
well now i understand why he likes stephan chow...
well still hopping for the prince charming character, or the bad ass hero/villain character, or a dramatic character with a dramatic life or a dramatic love that will make me "cry drool and snot" (ups i really don't know how to translate this expression to english, but i think you get the point) lol! .... actually i hope he could act all the kind of characters, because i know he'll be great in all... and then he will prove to some idiots that he can really act and get that golden bell award not just because his idol package...
a_rita
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 291

Back to top Go down

Post by kimmortal on Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:40 pm

@a_rita, when you put it that way, I guess I do agree with you. I know Show has a wide range of emotions; if only he could have a good movie and script to release them.

I love watching Dramas and Thrillers, like Secret Window, Hannibal, Phonebooth, that movie with Ryan Gosling and Anthony Hopkins... *sigh*

Maybe one day Show will be recognized for his acting skills and he'll land one of these roles. No more comedic roles.
kimmortal
Super Fan
Super Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by iloveqtshow on Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:00 pm

This is probably kinda rude and selfish on my part, but....
I was desperately hoping for a drama so I could see more of my hubby.
But on the other hand, I'm SO excited that his dreams came true to work with his idol. If I got to work with Show, i'd have a heart attack. hahahah. <3
iloveqtshow
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by SunnyJumper on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:33 am

Ahh! affraid Congratulations to our wonderful hubby! cheers I'm so proud of him and I bet he is super excited to work with Stephen Chow. <3 I'm sort of hoping that the movie will be available to buy in the US..after all Stephen Chow does have some movies here. Smile
Well, I'm so happy for Show and can't wait to see him in this role! I'm sure he will do extremely well and man..I am so darn proud of our baby! pig cheers <3
SunnyJumper
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 246

http://sjlovesshowluo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by showjudie on Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:52 pm

I hope this is true. SHOW has been let down before.

I know SHOW can cope with anything but S C gets his
actors in some strange situations Smile

SHOW and Karen Mok will be a good team as they've
worked together before.
showjudie
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by kagari on Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:09 am

The Story of the movie itself is awesome and if Xiao Zhu really gets to play the role it is going to be absolutely epic!! ^^
Really proud of him~
*jia you*
kagari
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 533

https://www.facebook.com/pages/%E7%BE%85%E5%BF%97%E7%A5%A5-Show-

Back to top Go down

Post by Chie... on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:35 pm

I'm happy for him, at last he will be making a movie Smile and it is so great that he will be working with good artist in mainland. Looking forward to that
Chie...
Fan Club Officer
Fan Club Officer

Number of posts : 605

http://acuriechie.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

great

Post by chen ni on Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:29 am

once again...its a dream came true for show lou...
chen ni
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 88

Back to top Go down

Post by emolori on Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:48 pm

hopefully show can work in the film . it's going to be his first movie and he can work with his idol stephen chow ! Very Happy
emolori
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top