SFC Update

2013-14 SFC Members who would like to access the SFC section for translations,
Please send a message to >>Admin<<
(Include : Full Name, SFC ID, SFC Username, Email)
Thank you!

2012-13 SFC Members
The DVD and Story Book translations are available on request, please contact Stina for info. Thanks!

------------------------------

1st Japanese Album
The SHOW

-------------------------------

The Kings and Queens of Songs: Who Decides Them Anyway?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by rcknrllninja on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Kings, Queens, Goddesses, Divas, and other absurd titles are attached to almost every celeb. Who named them? Who agreed to them? Record companies admit that these titles used to be given by the audience, but nowadays, the titles are more or less serving as a “goal” or “ambition” of the artist.

In the past, the titles were created by the media. For example, “The 4 Kings” of Hong Kong represents Jacky Cheung, Andy Lau, Aaron Kwok, and Leon Lai, naming them as being the four most talented and capable stars in the Hong Kong entertainment industry. Later, the singers with “Queen” status included Faye Wong, Sammi Cheng, A-Mei Chang, which were also widely accepted by the audience.

No end to titles

After the sensational hit, “Flower Heart,” Emil Chau became the “National King of songs.” With Mayday’s talent, they deserve nothing less than being called the “God of groups.” S.H.E, having been in showbiz for 9 years with 12 albums and 3 concert tours, definitely makes them the “God of girl groups.” Illustrating that titles can easily be changed, in S.H.E’s latest single, “SHERO,” which further promotes feminism, elevates them to become, “Queen Goddesses of girl groups.”

Creativity in titles

These titles are used to further distinguish the artist’s uniqueness or simply a marketing tactic. Jolin Tsai and ELVA are both fabulous “Little Goddesses” of dancing. Jolin later became Golden Melody’s Best Female Artist, and ELVA decided to drop “little” from her title and upgrade it to the “Trendy Dancing Goddess,” emphasizing that she is a very trendy fashion girl besides being a good dancer.

Cyndi Wang decided to promote herself from “Guru of Sweetness” to “Goddess of Sweetness,” in hope to grow out of her usual youth-style, but the obvious down side to that is she lost her quality of being “the girl next door,” and widening the distance between her and the fans.

The right title at the right time is key

The science behind these titles is that they must be used with good timing. Jolin Tsai’s “young men killer” and Rainie Yang’s “Guru of Cuteness” were both used at only certain periods of time, which will seem weird if we still cling onto them now. But if it is not yet the right time, it will make the artist seem too anxious. For example, Amber Kuo used to be called the “water girl,” which matched her pure and fairy-like image very well, but after she ventured into filming commercials, movies, and dramas in addition to singing, she suddenly became the “little queen of all-round talent.” It’s certainly a little too soon for her to carry the title.

When the “scope” of the title is too big, it spawns debate, especially stars who uses the word, “Asia,” in their title. For example, Show Luo is “Asia’s Dance King.” The title draws focus to Show’s improvement in dancing on every new album, but surely fans of Aaron Kwok can’t help but disapprove. Regardless of Show’s dancing talent or his hard work, it can only be said that using the word, “Asia,” is truly too big. With three hit albums, it’s clear that Jam Hsiao is one of the most promising up and coming singers, but his title as “Asia’s Most Popular King of Songs” is rather out of his league.

In related news, Billy’s son, Nick, will be debuting this year. His record company was trying to come up with the most fitting “title” for him, but in the end, someone with higher authority said, “When his popularity explodes after the first event, his title will naturally come.” That’s right, a title that naturally comes is one that is most accepted by the audience.

LINK:http://www.cpopaccess.com/2010/03/kings-and-queens-of-songs-who-decides.html
rcknrllninja
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 211

http://twitter.com/rcknrllninja

Back to top Go down

Re: The Kings and Queens of Songs: Who Decides Them Anyway?

Post by xiaozhutaitai on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:46 am

what mv is this picture of show? I think I haven't seen this yet?
xiaozhutaitai
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 184

Back to top Go down

Post by avondale09 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:52 am

His new MV, Wu Fa Wu Tian, it's in this forum, under the media section.
avondale09
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1438

http://www.facebook.com/inbox/?drop&ref=mb#/profile.php?id=6

Back to top Go down

Post by xiaozhutaitai on Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:03 am

oh I remember now! hahaha thank you ü
xiaozhutaitai
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 184

Back to top Go down

Post by Smeryllaa on Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:36 am

Yeah maybe using Asia Dance King is too big. But Come on...we are thinking like that, so we don't force anybody to thinking like we:)
And of course...we can discuss is he really that good? I think he is!!Smile
Smeryllaa
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle87 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:07 am

yeah there're people dancing better than him and Show's body is too stiff to be called Asia Dancing King. well he's 30 already. at least he's trying hard to be good. and he's good at become Dancing Kinge at 100% entertainment afro
michelle87
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 133

Back to top Go down

Post by Love Show Luo on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:42 am

michelle87 wrote:yeah there're people dancing better than him and Show's body is too stiff to be called Asia Dancing King. well he's 30 already. at least he's trying hard to be good. and he's good at become Dancing Kinge at 100% entertainment afro

well.. every1 hv their own quality n show is consider one of d best dancers if not d best.. plus i don think show's body is too stiff AT ALL!! if his body is too stiff he cant b dancing well.. n moz of his fans love him bcoz of his qualities n one of his qualities is tat being a good dancer.. if his body is stiff den d title of Asia Dancing King wont be his in d first place..who would give d title.. such a BIG title to him if he is too stif.. so what if he is 30? 30 doesnt mean he is stiff or old..
and like what Smeryllaa said, we didnt force you to think like what we are thinking.. i agree wif you Smeryllaa that Show is the best and he is really that good! no offense to michelle87..
Love Show Luo
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by Love Show Luo on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:43 am

i love his Wu Fa Wu Tian MV! so cool..
Love Show Luo
Fan
Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle87 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:08 am

don't mean to upset anybody No . i like his dancing and mv. when i mean his body is stiff because i remember you tube video, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Show Lo meets By2 - gymnastic class
if you're 30 ten then it's a bit hard to train the body to be mmm, what's the english word stretchy? ,... well just say not stiff
michelle87
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 133

Back to top Go down

Post by sze92 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:50 am

well he is stiff cause he didn't train to be stretchable. i remember he went to new york and he somehow manage to be more stretchable. it's all about training.

i find him special. he dances really well but isn't that flexible. i have to say age isn't a problem at all. he totally deserves that title.

of course, everyone has their own opinion and we have no right to penalize anyone here so no worries Smile

sze92
Staff Member
Staff Member

Number of posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post by piggypiglet30 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:05 am

haha..Show might not be the most flexible but he is such a GREAT dancer
i think his movements are so fluid and requires a great deal of athleticism...like he does a little breakdancing...
Whenever i hear the title "Asia's Dance King" i think about how Show acts as the "Dancing King" sometimes on YLBFB...thinking about how he can make up those moves and how he can pick up dance steps so easily too...
piggypiglet30
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 388

Back to top Go down

Post by Smeryllaa on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:31 pm

Yeah:) Maybe he is overy 30, but I think...there are a lot of people who are already 30, can you dance like him? Or can they dance like him? I think he put a lot of effort in his every show:) He is really special, I remember I watched on Stina youtube channel "movie" about his concert...and there was a scene when the mic wasn't work...He did the same dance twice because he don't like to let down anybody...It's really amazing.
Smeryllaa
Freshie
Freshie

Back to top Go down

Post by xandrian08 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:19 pm

yeah right guys! show is our ASIA'S DANCIN KING! Smile)) he really is graet good amaizing the best of all the rest and really talented Smile) i love him because of his quality Smile
xandrian08
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by o_ost1nao_o on Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:22 pm

rofl. HE doesn't call himself that.
the media did. this record company did that.
he doesn't even like being called that.
cuz obviously it makes people write crap like that, and criticize him for it.

poor show. Smile he's just someone that likes to dance in his own opinion. and then people give him ridiculous titles that give him random pressure from random people.. aiysh. i should go translate/sub some of his more serious stuff so people can see how he ACTUALLY is, and not his TV goofy personality.

but on a happier note, that's an awesome picture they chose to use. rofl. :]

o_ost1nao_o
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 3380

http://love4show.forums1.net

Back to top Go down

Post by shan_munchkin on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:43 pm

SHOW's energy make him a "dance king", and as for his age, it doesnt mean anything.

Show tries new things, he makes his own dance move, he can learn new moves pretty quickly, that makes him a "dance king" and really that's just a title, which he doesnt even want to be called by, it's just a title that media made up to say SHOW is one of the best at dance/performing or the best - and not just someone singing on stage and cant even really move.

LOVE SHOW!!!!!!!!
shan_munchkin
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 445

http://www.facebook.com/shanmunchkin

Back to top Go down

Post by miakaloveshow on Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:47 pm

Show was really deserving for Asia Dancing King because he truly amazing..and he already know all over asia he had a great talents even he was not called asia dancing king..he was still the king of all around artist...SHOW AND AARON have different in their own talent and personality.and they capture the heart of many people..ESP SHOW..For Jam hsiao He need more year to improve to become a king of asia.his voice was so great too. but that's all he can do.. Razz being a popular many people will envy SHOW but those people don't know him like we do..he was very natural man.down to earth and even he is so popular his personality never change...for me he still Asia dancing king and no one can take that from him lol! love him always.. I love you
miakaloveshow
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1555

Back to top Go down

Post by kisspsyche_08 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:45 pm

so what if he's 30????? he's an awesome dancer and singer at that!!! can they dance like him??? I bet not... he has a baby face and body of a 25 years old....he doesn't look and move like 30 at all...
kisspsyche_08
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by angeliesa on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:58 pm

piggypiglet30 wrote:haha..Show might not be the most flexible but he is such a GREAT dancer
i think his movements are so fluid and requires a great deal of athleticism...like he does a little breakdancing...
Whenever i hear the title "Asia's Dance King" i think about how Show acts as the "Dancing King" sometimes on YLBFB...thinking about how he can make up those moves and how he can pick up dance steps so easily too...

same opinion here. He's good on making impromptu dance and has a good retentive memory in remembering dance steps (really so cool) and for imitating stuffs (that's so funny and cute of him). I'm actually really impressed of him with that.

And yup...he may love bragging about himself and he's a bit narcissistic but he's not the one who give himself that title. He works really hard for his dancing.

o_ost1nao_o, haha. agree. awesome picture they chose to use Very Happy
angeliesa
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 82

http://angeliesa.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kriztetalovesxioazhu on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:56 am

STINA,i agree w/ what you're saying.i think SHOW wouldn't want people calling him as ASIA's DANCING KING though it'll be a nice compliment w/ regards to his dancing skills. but i think having those kind of titles put more pressure on the artist...i think it's not SHOW's fault to be good in dancing, he works hard for it, learning and training those moves. i appreciate those people who believe in SHOW's dancing talent thus calling him ASIA's DANCING KING.i think his age doesnt really matter.it's his SKILLS && that's why im proud of him. and i hope those who doesnt agree to this title should stop blabbering nonsense..ohh i hate the media writing bad stuff abt SHOW.

anyway, JIA YOU SHOW!you'll always be ASIA's DANCING KING in my <3333 king
kriztetalovesxioazhu
Staff Security
Staff Security

Number of posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon on Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:59 am

i think Show really deserve the tittle of Asia Dancing King!!
Moon
Freshie
Freshie

Back to top Go down

Post by hitsugayali on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:31 pm

well i dont really care what the rest of the media thinks, i just know that show is asia's dancing king in my heart. and then again the media doesnt really like to complimemt people, they like to say crap so they can get a reaction out of the celebs and the fans so the can write about it and keep their jobs
hitsugayali
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 189

Back to top Go down

Post by annakebana on Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:01 am

Love the picture Very Happy
Why does Aaron Kwok disapprove of the title that was given to Show?..
It's okay Show, you still have us Very Happy
We still support you Very Happy All the way (:
annakebana
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluestar7 on Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:35 am

annakebana wrote:Love the picture Very Happy
Why does Aaron Kwok disapprove of the title that was given to Show?..
It's okay Show, you still have us Very Happy
We still support you Very Happy All the way (:

No, the article didnt say Aaron Kwok disapproved of that title, it said Aaron Kwok's FANS disapproved. And the articled only speculated that the fans might disapprove.

I think I'm someone who is easily impressed and isn't very good at telling if someone is good at dancing(whenever I think it's good, my mom or someone else says it's not that good. You get my point). BUT, I really REALLY like watching Show dance. I just drop everything and stand there watching with my mouth hanging open. And yes, Xiao Zhu has mentioned many times that he didnt create this title, the media did. And that it puts a lot of pressure on him because before the coining of the title, he was just a guys who loves to dance. After the title came up, people would start watching his every move critically and he is under more pressure not to disappoint his fans. And we all know how much he hates to disappoint us. He loves us so much. AWW, we love you too show!!! =)

Bluestar7

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by megan_702 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:31 pm

I think he should deserve that title although he is not flexible.
However, his dancing for his new album did not impress me. Ge Zhong Qiang Shou and previous albums' dance songs had better dances....
megan_702
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 246

Back to top Go down

Post by poopie.tm on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:32 pm

yea.. when i told all my friends about how show is ASIA'S DANCE KING, they were like, WHAT? noo ive NEVER heard of him... an i feel bad, because I KNOWW show is THE best dancer around and that hes really talented but others dont really.... i mean people still consider taiwanese chinese, and that if their not from KOREA or JAPAN, they dont get attention. lik big bang. they only sing, but since theyre KOREAN, they get HELLUH attention, and their mvs are getting 10 million views. and show is only getting lik 46 thousand.... LIKE WHATS UP WITH THAT?
poopie.tm
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Love Show Luo on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:55 am

hitsugayali wrote:well i dont really care what the rest of the media thinks, i just know that show is asia's dancing king in my heart. and then again the media doesnt really like to complimemt people, they like to say crap so they can get a reaction out of the celebs and the fans so the can write about it and keep their jobs

i agree wif u totally.. show is and owaz will be the best dancing king asia wil ever have in our heart.. who cares wat the media wrote.. they don care true o false as long as its bzness...
Love Show Luo
Fan
Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriebicc on Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:43 am

AGREE..for those who said that SHOW is great!!...his being AWESOME!!!...wouldn't tell that he is already at his 30's....

cherriebicc

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top