SFC Update

2013-14 SFC Members who would like to access the SFC section for translations,
Please send a message to >>Admin<<
(Include : Full Name, SFC ID, SFC Username, Email)
Thank you!

2012-13 SFC Members
The DVD and Story Book translations are available on request, please contact Stina for info. Thanks!

------------------------------

1st Japanese Album
The SHOW

-------------------------------

[May 2009 – Teens] What a SHOW!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[May 2009 – Teens] What a SHOW!

Post by showstar on Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:51 am

Show Lo is best known as the “Asian King of Dance” and “Fashion Trendy Man” in the Chinese entertainment industry. Teens’ entertainment paparazzi Randyce Ng and Joannah Zhong caught up with the red-hot Taiwanese star when he arrived in town recently!

He is known for being quick-witted and possessing a unique brand of “mass appeal humour”. Not to mention his tasteful cold humour in entertaining the media, and setting the trend by being “a creator with a good understanding of the ‘in’ fashion”. Ran out of accolades? 30-year-old Taiwanese host, actor and singer Show Lo was also crowned the “Asian King of Dance” and “Fashion Trendy Man”, making him one of the hottest property in the Chinese entertainment industry today.

SHOW-man
6 March 2009
Marina Mandarin, Vanda Ballroom

Surprise! Most of those who attended the press conference were not the media journalists or photographers, majority were his fans – most from Show Lo’s Singapore Fanclub, Show Star Union (SSU).
Everyone in the room appeared restless in anticipation until approximately 3.50pm when the star of the show arrived. Show was dressed casually in a white long-sleeved shirt, hooded vest and khaki-green cargo pants.
A journalist quizzed: “Why are you so late?”
“Oh, I woke up at 4am in the morning to take a flight to Singapore. On the way, I kept eating and probably that’s why I got stomach upset. Then I went to the toilet, hence I was late” explained Show light-heartedly which drew laughs from the crowd.
Albeit appearing weary from his flight, Show was at his usual best displaying candid showmanship. Just by being there alone, we doubt anyone would have held it against Show for being late!
For Show’s new album, “Trendy Man”, not only did he sing the songs and act in the MVs, he also had a hand in the creative production of the “evolution” theme on his pre-order covers.
In addition, he composed and dedicated a song, “Writing A Song For You”, which was dedicated specially to his fans.

SHOW-reel

However, much to everyone’s disappointment, this song was leaked online before his album release. “I was very upset as there would be no more ‘surprise’ factor for my fans,” he groaned.

SHOW-ing The Way
Being “trendy” and “hip” is what he was usually associated with, but Show Luo was brave to admit that he has had his “bad-fashion” days.
Show expresses: “I feel stressed because I will always need to switch to a different hairstyle whenever I release a new album.”
He first started noticing fashion trends when he was about 17, when he “first acquired the cash to buy a magazine”. Then, he imitated the L.A. Boyz’ style of fashion – hip hop.

SHOW-reel
“Don’t simply follow trends blindly. You’ve got to understand yourself and dare to be experimental, before you’ll know what trend really suits you”, advised Show to all the aspiring Trendy Men out there!

Stealing The SHOW
On the issue of him being accused of buying charts, Show expressed that he felt pressurized by the entire scandal.
“It’s as if your efforts were being questioned and not given the due recognition anymore. Naturally, I feel really upset. This is tantamount to a poor student finally scoring first in class being accused of cheating in examinations. I feel that everybody has a chance to be the number one.”
However, Show is grateful that despite the saga, his fans still stood by him and supported him.

SHOW-reel
Pssst! For all you fans in opposite camps out there, kiss and make up! Show has clarified that his friendship with Wang Lee Hom has not been affected in any way.

The SHOW-factor
Other than fans, Show has also managed to garner the support from his industry peers. This evidently shown on one of his MVs – “Support”, which starred famous Taiwanese host like Hu Gua, Jacky Wu and other celebrity bigwigs like ASOS and Jolin Tsai.
“Is it very hard to coordinate and find a time to film this MV, since all the celebrities involved were considered A-list celebrities?” a curious journalist asked.
“Surprisingly, they all agreed when I asked them about it! I’m very thankful to them as they gave me lots of advice and support and I have never forgotten their assistance. That was the very reason why I approached them for this MV in the first place!” replied Show.

SHOW-reel
This MV also holds the record for having the most number of famous celebrities in one video!

Side-SHOW romance
Currently single, Show admits that he will be open with his relationship only when he is getting married. Being a famous public figure, he expressed that he understands that with “one thing gained, one has to sacrifice another” in return, and he would want people to notice him for his efforts. And since a relationship always involves two parties, Show would want to always shield the other party from the glare of the limelight.

SHOW-reel
Show has also readily admitted that he has more female friends as compared to male ones, and they would even confide in him. He confessed that there is a feminine side of him as seen in his pink decorations at home!
Because of this, some of his female friends would ask him for pointers even when it comes to girlish stuff like beauty and facial products!

SHOW-stopper!
When asked if he preferred idol dramas or movies, Show revealed that he preferred idol dramas as they will “remain longer in viewers’ hearts”.

SHOW-reel
“My next target is to be a good man,” Show smiled.

SHOW-time!
6 March 2009
Autograph Session, East Point

Although it was stated that the autograph session would only commence at 7pm, eager fans started queuing up as early as the day before! The 5000-strong turnout at East Point Shopping Mall showed his ultimate pulling power!
When he finally strode into the shopping mall, he was greeted with screams, cheers and waves from his loyal fans. Show reciprocated with a dance performance of the song “Hot Shot”.
“I’m very happy with the turnout,” declared Show.
As usual, he promised to autograph all the albums (even his previous albums, as long as they are originals) as he “rarely comes to Singapore”. This promise got many of the fans hyped up and this made them cheer even louder.

SHOW-reel
During the event, Show even borrowed a video camera to film his fans, and he borrowed digital cameras from his fans to snap pictures of himself. And just when they thought it was over, Show surprised them all by inviting the crowd to come forward to perform the dance for “Support”, in order to win the tickets to the Singapore E-Awards 2009!

The Final SHOW-down
7 March 2009
S’pore Entertainment Awards 2009, Marina Bay Floating Platform

After a painful long wait, Show Lo finally made his first appearance on the red carpet of the Singapore Entertainment Awards 2009. Deck in a smart grey suit, Show exuded his extraordinary charm when he strode in, impressing the crowd and winning loud cheers and applause from the audience.
Even though Show was the last to perform, loyal fans stayed on all the way just to watch him perform. And as they saved the best for last, his exhilarating performance turned out to be the climax of the event. Going back to more accolades, Show also won three awards – for Most Popular Male Singer, Most Stylish Hunk as well as the SPH Media Award – Best Artiste of the Year (All Round).

SHOW-reel
As the latter award was something that Show has always dreamed about, when he went onstage to collect his award he was so exited he kisses his prized trophy!
---------

*PHEW* What a long article! HAHAHA. Pardon me for typo errors. Enjoy ~ Very Happy

Last edited by showstar on Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
showstar
Fan Club Officer
Fan Club Officer

Number of posts : 466

http://myadolescence.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: [May 2009 – Teens] What a SHOW!

Post by CutieHeart918 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:54 am

woah! thanks for sharing!!! Smile
he's really remarkable..!
“It’s as if your efforts were being questioned and not given the due recognition anymore. Naturally, I feel really upset. This is tantamount to a poor student finally scoring first in class being accused of cheating in examinations. I feel that everybody has a chance to be the number one.”
and as for this, i know how it feels to be accused of something you really didn't do. it's really painful that you did your best then others will just think or doubt your efforts... it happened to me...

well, don't worry show, we're always here for you Smile
and congrats for winning such awards!!!
you deserved it!!!
CutieHeart918
Staff Security
Staff Security

Number of posts : 708

Back to top Go down

Post by freya1507 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:33 am

showstar thanks a lot for typing this looong article
thanks thanks
Then I went to the toilet, hence I was late
hihi this kind of comment makes him such a real person ... so human so much like us ....

As usual, he promised to autograph all the albums (even his previous albums, as long as they are originals) as he “rarely comes to Singapore”.
^^
i wish other stars would think of their fans like show does
freya1507
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 3485

Back to top Go down

Post by glambratinella on Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:07 am

thanks for the article showstar! Show is such an honest person, he answered the questions truthfully. his answer to the first question is really funny, yet he was honest about it. Smile

“My next target is to be a good man,” Show smiled. --> isn't he good enough already? is he thinking of being honored as a saint? lol.
glambratinella
Fan Club Officer
Fan Club Officer

Number of posts : 482

http://pitstop1108.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ellehcir1408 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:25 am

showstar..

thank u for the post.. its really long and we know u put in alot of effort in it..

Show wants to be a good man.. wat is he now?? lols..

and the reason y he was late was really funny.. and real.. this shows that he is a person..not just a star..
ellehcir1408
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 437

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveGaia on Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:46 am

Thanks for sharing the article!! XD

He's a bat-man .. LOL .. just kidding.
He's already a good man in my heart.
Caring for his fans, family, friends .. Smile
LoveGaia
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 34

http://www.key-eternality.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mzjennx33 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:20 pm

its not hard for people to admit hes a good man =) ... hes such a real person "i went to the toilet, hence i was late" no other excuse ... just telling the truth ... i love his idea about the whole trend idea .. "dont follow it blindly"
mzjennx33
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 238

Back to top Go down

Post by Shang Tian Hua on Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:35 am

This is my fave part. It's so him.

Yepp. thx for translation. Really good work and so funny. HE is a smart guy. He can always win the crowd with his humor and charisma
Shang Tian Hua
Staff Security
Staff Security

Number of posts : 772

Back to top Go down

Post by xiangxuanlin on Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:09 am

omygod. he thinks he's not good enough? he's the best! wuhuuow.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
xiangxuanlin
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1499

http://ghelxlin.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cerise18 on Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:26 pm

showstar..thanks for typing a very loooong article.. Razz

“My next target is to be a good man,”
maybe he meant to be a better man..aint he good enough?he's so filial to his parents,he loves his fans so much and treats them as his family, and he appreciate his friends..that's still not good?

lol at his reason for being late..he's so down to earth.. Razz
cerise18
Staff Security
Staff Security

Number of posts : 632

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top