SFC Update

2013-14 SFC Members who would like to access the SFC section for translations,
Please send a message to >>Admin<<
(Include : Full Name, SFC ID, SFC Username, Email)
Thank you!

2012-13 SFC Members
The DVD and Story Book translations are available on request, please contact Stina for info. Thanks!

------------------------------

1st Japanese Album
The SHOW

-------------------------------

[03/11/2009 - MTVAsia] Show Lo Sure Is One 'Trendy Man'!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[03/11/2009 - MTVAsia] Show Lo Sure Is One 'Trendy Man'!

Post by freya1507 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:01 am

Show Lo Sure Is One 'Trendy Man'!

By April Lee and Jessie Ng
March 11, 2009

You know him as Show Lo, Luo Zhi Xiang, or even Xiao Zhu. From the moment of his solo debut in 2003 with Show Time, Show's star has been steadily flaming (with the number of awards ever increasing), without a hint of slowing down, almost a decade since he joined the entertainment industry.

Show Lo Interview - MTV

A talented singer from a tender age, Show is also a well-known and loved host (Xiao Zhu) of the immensely popular entertainment variety show, 100% Entertainment, alongside his partner Xiao Gui. Together, the pair has delighted audiences with their wit and candor. Aside from that, Show is also no stranger to acting, having appeared in numerous Taiwanese idol dramas, the latest being Hot Shot, together with Jerry Yen and Wu Zun.

Having recently released his 6th studio album Trendy Man late last year, Show dropped by our island over the weekend for the Singapore Entertainment Awards, and swept up the Most Popular Male Singer, Artiste of the Year and Most Stylish Hunk awards.

MTV Asia stole a few moments with the boyish star, and asked him about his label as a "heartthrob," holding his own against co-stars and mega-watt hotties Jerry Yen and Wu Zun, and scrutinizing himself during KTV.

You were last in Singapore for a concert in 2007. What are some of the things you remember about your time here?
Show: It's a very safe country, very clean and orderly. I love the food here. I'm actually pretty surprised that fans here are so obedient and orderly;; that they follow instructions during concerts and don't breach security. There was once during an event, where fans were squeezing with each other, and the host for the event was like, "Don't squeeze. Spread out!" And fans actually listened!

The first single from your latest album "Trendy Man" is "Support," where you thank all your friends in the video. How did you come up with that idea to make something like that?
Show: We spent some time in the studios thinking about ideas for the video, but I didn't like any of it. So I was just mulling over it, when in the car one day, I started thinking, why not just thank all my friends? I sounded it off to my managers, and they liked the idea, so it was a go-ahead. My friends were very helpful though, because they didn't take a single cent for appearing in the video.

"Twinkle" (from 2006's album SPESHOW) was your first attempt at an English song. Why haven't you included any for Trendy Man?
Show: Well, I feel that having just one English song is good enough to make it special. Besides, I've already given up on learning English. It's too difficult, and I don't really see the need to use it much in my daily life. Even in areas of work, there's usually a translator present when I travel. But that said, I do know a few basic lines that get me by!

You've been a host, singer and actor in turn...
Show: "Which do I like best?" I've answered that question about 3000 times and my answer's never changed. I like all three. As a singer, I like to get people excited, to get them to jump and sing along during my concerts. I appreciate the sound of their applause. As a host, I get to hear the sound of their laughter while as an actor, I get to move people and make them cry.

You've been in the music industry for more than a decade, and you're recognized as one of Asia's reigning heartthrobs. How do you feel about that honor?
Show: I feel really grateful to all my fans for their loyalty, especially since I understand how fickle it can be. I think it helped that I joined the industry in my teens, so that the age difference now between me and the upcoming idols isn't that great. I always think it's funny when reporters come to me and ask how it feels like to be an upcoming idol. At this point, I always tell them "Hey buddy, I've been in the industry for 10 over years." I come across new fans now and then, and when I ask them how they got to liking me, most of them can't really explain why. Some of them will say it's because of my songs, others that it's because of my shows. But most of the time, they still can't explain what exactly it is about me that attracted them.

Tell us about performing at the Henessey Art of Mixing last year. Who were some of the stars there that you most looked forward to meeting?
Show: It was a good experience collaborating with the other guests. I remember standing beside this Caucasian guy, who was obviously much taller than me. We were doing an English duet, and I was really afraid that he would turn around and catch me just mouthing the words! I couldn't remember anything about the song really, so all I was just doing was to listen and then mouth the words after.

Almost every leading actress starring in a drama opposite you has been linked romantically to you. But what we want to know is... What is your own leading lady like?
Show: Let's talk about how a good leading lady should be like. She must be likeable, affable and someone who is personable. Her shows have to be able to garner high viewership, and she must be able to touch and move people.

You acted opposite Jerry Yan and Wu Zun in the Taiwanese idol drama, Hot Shot. How did you hold your own against those two heavyweight hotties?
Show: They're the ones who should be feeling stressed! [Laughs] But seriously, Wu Zun used to be part of the national basketball team for Brunei, while Jerry is good with passing the ball and occasionally shooting. But where that is concerned, I'm still the most accurate. So who do you think is the best - the national player, the good passer or the one with a good aim? Of course it's the one with the good aim!

Share with us some of the hilarious behind-the-scenes moments while filming.
Show: Those moments are usually shown at the end of every episode, actually. But there was one unforgettable incident, where I took a lighter and lit it under the director's backside. He didn't even notice it, because he was just too focused on looking at the monitor!

Your songs are among the hot favorites for selection in the Karaoke (KTV) scene. Do you KTV much yourself? What are some of the activities that you do to chill out?
Show: I actually have fun scrutinizing myself when I KTV. My screen at home isn't as big as the ones at KTV. KTV screens in Taiwan are ridiculously huge, I don't know why either. But that just means I get to scrutinize every single detail of myself in the music video. Besides KTV, I love playing mahjong with friends - friends who may or may not be in the entertainment industry. I also do basketball, go shopping. When I travel, I like sleeping during the flights as well.

Finally, what are some of your future plans? A concert maybe, or working on your next album?
Show: Probably a concert or tour at the end of the year. But look out for something big happening in May. It's "coming soon!"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
credit: endlessjoy/af

the interview was taken when he was in singapore
and go to the side there is a engl sub vid of the interview bounce
freya1507
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 3485

Back to top Go down

Re: [03/11/2009 - MTVAsia] Show Lo Sure Is One 'Trendy Man'!

Post by glambratinella on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:32 am

thanks freya! cool Very Happy Show is indeed one trendy man Smile
glambratinella
Fan Club Officer
Fan Club Officer

Number of posts : 482

http://pitstop1108.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by abiglee_grabbie20 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:49 am

tnx for posting ..

hope he'll also have his concert here in the philippines
soon .. Wink hehe

ow i thought his learning English now.. but now he stop and give up
lols Smile

Last edited by abiglee_grabbie20 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
abiglee_grabbie20
Staff Security
Staff Security

Number of posts : 770

http://www.youtube.com/user/grabbie20

Back to top Go down

Post by cerise18 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:56 am

tnx for posting..read this in af and im still amazed at his witty answers..Smile
cerise18
Staff Security
Staff Security

Number of posts : 632

Back to top Go down

Post by mhay519 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:34 am

thanks freya!
but where can we find the video with the eng subbed?
can we have the link pls..?
many thanks again in advance. Very Happy
mhay519
Staff Superior
Staff Superior

Number of posts : 1377

http://mab006.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freya1507 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:26 am

the link is under my posting ... in the credits just click on it ;-)
freya1507
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 3485

Back to top Go down

Post by xiangxuanlin on Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:34 am

"Twinkle" (from 2006's album SPESHOW) was your first attempt at an English song. Why haven't you included any for Trendy Man?
Show: Well, I feel that having just one English song is good enough to make it special. Besides, I've already given up on learning English. It's too difficult, and I don't really see the need to use it much in my daily life. Even in areas of work, there's usually a translator present when I travel. But that said, I do know a few basic lines that get me by!
-aaw, too bad. i remember him telling "he looves english" and that english is easier than learning cantonese.

and ooh, whats that something big coming up this may? weehee cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
xiangxuanlin
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1499

http://ghelxlin.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by T0XT0 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:26 pm

Really excited when his next concert is coming ^^ I really hope they will make a DVD of his concert so we can buy it cheers
T0XT0
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 134

http://www.youtube.com/TOOXTO

Back to top Go down

Post by rokziie on Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:29 pm

aww.. xiao zhu thinks that english is not that useful. xp
i miss him speaking english, esp. the last time he go to new york.. they always teach him how to speak. but now, no more.
so he's not learning anymore?
how i wish I was the translator.
rokziie
Staff Superior
Staff Superior

Number of posts : 1061

http://wretch.cc/blog/roxyanne18s

Back to top Go down

Post by SiSi on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:20 pm

The question about acting, hosting and singing, which one he likes most? I would like to change the question a little bit and ask him IF you could only choose one which one would it be? I he had to give up two and focus on one which one would it be?
SiSi
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by mauixe88 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:01 pm

ur such a funny guy... and i like you very much...

mauixe88

Number of posts : 3

http://www.friendster.com/diethersam

Back to top Go down

Post by mauixe88 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:03 pm

i always watch hot shot cause i really like you...

mauixe88

Back to top Go down

Post by mauixe88 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:06 pm

just keep up the good work... english is very important. esp when you go different places like here in the philippines. but ur still number... i like all your songs. esp ur Twinkle song.. i love it.

mauixe88

Back to top Go down

Post by jhesa43 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:15 pm

hahaha..you have the point there. well, our idol SHOW is really talented. He can do everything. That is why i love him so much.

Keep up the good work SHOW.. Smile
jhesa43
Staff Superior
Staff Superior

Number of posts : 1260

http://jhesa43.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xraraix on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:03 pm

So he has really given up learning English eh?lol

=]
xraraix
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 702

http://love4show.forums1.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sze92 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:53 am

i really can't wait to see what is up during may. what could prolly happen ? a huge concert at shanghai ? the venue he always wanted to have a concert ?

sze92
Staff Member
Staff Member

Number of posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post by showstar on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:25 am

has he really given up on english?! LOL.

yeap. i hope there will be another concert DVD so we can all buy and watch! Very Happy

& one day IF he's gonna ask me why i like him, i'm going to give him the best answer! hahah. :b
showstar
Fan Club Officer
Fan Club Officer

Number of posts : 466

http://myadolescence.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cerise18 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:45 am

cant wait for may eh? Razz
i thought he was passionate about english but then he gave it up.. lol Razz
cerise18
Staff Security
Staff Security

Back to top Go down

Post by glambratinella on Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:52 am

yeah, i hope he considers learning english again so he won't have a hard time interacting with his fans overseas.. Smile
glambratinella
Fan Club Officer
Fan Club Officer

Number of posts : 482

http://pitstop1108.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cerise18 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:06 am

he said he knows some to get him by..but somehow i doubt that.. Razz
cerise18
Staff Security
Staff Security

Back to top Go down

Post by coloursXY on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:43 pm

cerise18 , he really knows some english hahah ;D
but it's a real pity for him to give it up . he looks so cute with his english accent hahah !
coloursXY
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 57

http://x-xinyun.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nyanya_ndut on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:27 pm

thank you for translating Very Happy
i love the way he answers every question. love him more and more =)
nyanya_ndut
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by cerise18 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:29 am

coloursXY wrote:cerise18 , he really knows some english hahah ;D
but it's a real pity for him to give it up . he looks so cute with his english accent hahah !

agree..he's just so cute when he tries to speak english.. Razz all the while i thought he was still studying english but he already gave it up.. Razz
cerise18
Staff Security
Staff Security

Back to top Go down

Post by coloursXY on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:47 pm

Yea , mus get him to take up english again . And hopefully one day he'll visit us in this forum again (and understands what's going on here ) heehee ;D
coloursXY
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 57

http://x-xinyun.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sun_in_action on Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:15 am

thanks for sharing this with us..
=)
glad that he love singapore...
sun_in_action
Staff Superior
Staff Superior

Number of posts : 1299

Back to top Go down

Post by ellehcir1408 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:30 am

oh show..
i really hope he gives english another try.. its not as hard as chinese.. Smile

and yeah, he used to say he loves english and taht its like japanese that is easy to learn..

show has really gone a long way.. soo, kudos to him.. Razz
ellehcir1408
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 437

Back to top Go down

Post by ichigo008 on Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:08 am

you know sometimes some idols check out some websites that write about them.So maybe he reads this.Hmmm...i can speak both english and chinese and i wld say it dpends on what environment one lives in.for example,he lives in a 'mostly speak chinese' environment and he cant really practice english,so he thinks its hard.Well,its his decision.And i believe he does everything for a reason.and if he ever asks me why i like him...i'll give him the most hoest yet unexpected answer!

ichigo008
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by bibanglovesshow on Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:45 pm

ichigo008 wrote:you know sometimes some idols check out some websites that write about them.So maybe he reads this.Hmmm...i can speak both english and chinese and i wld say it dpends on what environment one lives in.for example,he lives in a 'mostly speak chinese' environment and he cant really practice english,so he thinks its hard.Well,its his decision.And i believe he does everything for a reason.and if he ever asks me why i like him...i'll give him the most hoest yet unexpected answer!

that's right! but im still hoping he's not FULLY giving up because knowing SHOW, he never stops learning..he always finds ways to improve himself...Jia You SHOW!!! cheers
bibanglovesshow
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 159

http://akabibang.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top